Hockeynow70 Hockeynow70 is offline
Junior Member

Default Sorting Revision Labels in Excel

Greetings,

I need the forum's help again. I've tried everything I can think of but can't get Excel to do what I want (I don't know how to write VBA yet).

We have revision controlled documents and I need to sort large lists to determine, for example, the latest Revision in the list. To do this, I need Excel to sort by Part Number, then by the Revision in the order they are shown below. The Revision value is located in a cell adjacent to the Part Number.

Can anyone help? I'm running Excel 2010 on Win7. Thanks in advance.

Here is a sample of how I need Excel to sort (ascending downward):

[Part #] [REV]
LO2300 --
LO2300 0
LO2300 1