Wcngu1 Wcngu1 is offline
Junior Member

[quote='GS[_2_];1615396']Try...

Select the 14 boxes (cells) and give them a defined name with local
(sheet-level) scope, then while they are still selected enter the
following Conditional Formatting formula...

=COUNTA(Inputs)=14

...where the range is named as follows...

Name: 'Sheet1'!Inputs

...and set your fill color.

Replace 'Sheet1' with the actual sheetname, and be sure to wrap it in
apostrophes (required if it has spaces) followed by the exclamation
character.

--
Garry

Thanks Gary, I should really explain my situation more, I"m making a really long check list Where I have:

-Employers name
-Task
-Finish date
-Start time
-Finish time

and a few more criteria all on one row (with a few hidden rows in-between which dont matter as much)

So when employees fill out each row with the above criteria and fill in all the required cells, I"m hoping the row will go green to signify that yes all the boxes have been filled and you haven't missed anything.

I can see how your solution would work by giving them a defined name but would that mean I would have to slowly name each row? I"m hoping to conditional format to make it 20,000+ rows (or endless but thats probably unrealistic haha)

I'm not that advanced in excel and am unsure. I"m gonna have a crack at your solution to see if it works for multiple rows efficiently!

Cheers