Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default how do you deal with excel versions?

On 04/12/2013 19:28, wrote:
How do you deal with clients and their multiple versions of excel? I work only with mainly 2007-10 because I had so many problems. I had to buy a cheap used box to dedicate to one version. Is it really possible to spin up multiple versions, selectively, on a single box? I had nothing but problems.

Thank you.

Virtual machines are your friend when it comes to testing on different
versions on one box. I have had more than one version of Excel on the
same box without major problems but they fight over grabbing file
extensions if you don't watch carefully what you are doing.

XL2003 was one of the most stable Excel versions. XL2007 has been flakey
from initial launch although much improved after the SP1.

It is sometimes difficult to write code that will run on both XL2003 and
XL2007 since they permuted the arguments of some graphic functions!

Martin Brown