George

Well, that's a little more clear. I was really confused about the
airplane thing. Now, I think we might paraphrase this to ...

[.. problem description .. ]
Are there better ways to recover from this?

[We] don't want to get involved with answering that for you.

Fair enough; responses are voluntary. But, that leaves the 2nd part
of my post, which was put there to cover just such a situation:

Is there an on-line "Excel reference manual", or something?

No? URL(s)?

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:13:38 -0500, Bryan Hessey
wrote:

George,

My first suggestion would be that you clear all 'circular' references.

Imagine a circular whereby A1=B1*2 AND B1=A1*2, so you set iterations
to only re-calculate this n~ times, it's still not a wise action.

An experienced user of Excel might be better able to work with circular
references, but as you are having problems then perhaps a worksheet with
standard formula might better serve your purpose.

Also, hi Dave, your post wasn't there when I started.

George Wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Could you elaborate?
I'm sure it must have some connection to my question, but I just don't
get it.

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 14:18:53 -0300, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:

You "don't have the time to become expert in Excel" but "want to use

some
particular more advanced feature"
I know the feeling!
I don't have time to qualify as a pilot but I want the fly an F18 at

Mach 2