TheRobsterUK

Default Deactivating an embedded chart

Is it possible to deactivate an embedded chart (chart in a worksheet,
not a chartsheet).

I have an embedded chart that has a large data source range (about
10,000 cells) and a VBA macro that performs some calculations and
inputs the results into these cells, but the chart updates in realtime
and it slows the macro down quite a lot.

I have read that the following code could be used if the chart is in
its own chartsheet:

Code:
--------------------
Private Sub Chart_Deactivate
--------------------

But my chart is embedded, so how could I deactivate/reactivate it?

Alternatively, I thought I could change the data source range to some
blank cells, then change it back again once the macro has finished.
Does this sound like viable alternative, if there is no way to
deactivate the chart?

I am mainly trying to think of ways to speed up the macro.

Thanks
-Rob

--
TheRobsterUK