Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default I need ONLY subtotals copied to a second sheet

Hi Denny,

Am Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:40:43 -0800 (PST) schrieb
:

I have a table of sales data similar to:

Category Item store1sales store2sales etc.
baking mixes Item a 1 3
baking mixes Item b 3 4
baking supplies Item c 2 5
baking supplies Item d 5 6
etc.

This is a table of 500 rows, with a variable number of categories and items each week. I need a subtotal of sales by like category for each store listed. So what I wind up with would look like:

Category Item store1sales store2sales etc.
baking mixes 4 7
baking supplies 7 11
etc.
Total 11 18

the easiest way to do it is a Pivot table
Drag Category to the row area and the storesales to the value area.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2