Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Excel is removing Macros from workbook

wrote:
I have a workbook.xlsm that when some users open the workbook
Excel complains that the Marcos are corrupt and then proceeds
to strip out all the Macros from the workbook. I am able to
open the file in 2010 and 2013 without any issues.
In both instances the users had a computer that had a fresh
install of both windows and Excel.

My guess: the users having trouble have set their macro security too high
(which is the default after a "fresh install"), and they are misinterpreting
the Excel error message and circumstances.

If they are using XL2010, for example, they should click on File, Options,
Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Macro Settings.

I prefer the setting "Disable ... with notification". That gives me full
control.