Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Find the correct sheet then find a value on that sheet

On Monday, November 18, 2013 10:50:19 AM UTC-8, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:28:39 -0800 (PST) schrieb Howard:

Well, I reformatted the cells for date a couple different times and now it is indeed working. Using the *3/14/2001.

Excel often makes problems formatting a text formatted date to date.

I format the cells as date and then click in column header =

TextToColumns = Fixed Width = Finish

Or after formatting as date I write a 1 in an empty cell, copy this

cell, select the cells with date and choose Paste Special = Multiply

Regards

Claus B.

Thanks, I'll stash that little tidbit of info.
Might ease the pain and suffering I seem to have working with dates.

Regards,
Howard