Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal[_3_] Robert Crandal[_3_] is offline

Default Math formula help

Here is a sampling of data that I want to
represent with a math formula:

X Y
-- --
0.0 1
0.38 1
0.88 1
1.0 1
1.01 2
1.22 2
1.99 2
2.0 2
2.10 3
2.77 3
3.0 3

etc.. etc..

So, for example, if X equals 1.22, then Y
should return 2, etc, as seen above.

I thought I could easily represent the above
data with a simple math formula, but it is
more difficult than I thought.

Can anyone think of a simple math formula
for this? Do I need to use the RoundUp function?

I prefer a simple math formula that does not use
if-else logic or the less-than or greater-than sybols,
if possible. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks.