Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob[_19_] Bob[_19_] is offline

Default Quote Marks Question

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and W7.

Have a spreadsheet I created that is saved as a CSV File.

Some cells have text in them, which I have a single set of quote marks
around to define as Text.
e.g., "Bob"

It does show in the extreme left of the cell, as text should.

If I look at the Cell with "Format Cells", it comes up with "General".
But I don't know if opening this command is supposed to actually show
the Format of the cell. Is it ?

Anyway, if I now look at the spreadsheet with Notepad, all the cells I
put the single set of quote marks around now have three sets.
e.g., "Bob" now shows in Notepad as """Bob"""

Why ?
Is this correct ?

(Should I have had the single quotes kept, but ALSO formatted these text
cells definitively as TEXT ?)

Thanks,
Bob