Ray Wright

Default Index - Offset - Match Issues

I have a large dataset (about 55,000 records) that consists of instrument
readings taken at different times on different days (between 24 - 40
readings per day). The data is in the format: Col A - dates; Col B - times
(24 hour clock format); and Col C - instrument readings.

I want to extract (on another worksheet) the maximum instrument reading per
day and the time of that reading (Col A - dates; Col. B - max reading for
the date in Col A; Col. C - time of that reading). I have successfully
extracted the maximum instrument reading with the array formula:

{=MAX(IF(Sheet1!A1:A55000=A1,Sheet1!C1:C55000))}

However, I have not been able to extract the time of the maximum reading.
Is the solution come combination of INDEX and /or MATCH and/or OFFSET? Any
help appreciated.

I am using XL2002.

Ray Wright