Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Freeze Panes loss

I apologise that I have not made a reasonable attempt to answer this
question for myself.
<http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?num=100&q=& used to do a
Google Groups Advanced Search.
It now opens <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!overview
;(

I use Excel 2003.
I lose Freeze Panes settings in the new object if
1) I create a New Window with Window\New Window.
or
2) I copy the active sheet with Edit\Move or Copy Sheet...

The VBA for Freeze Panes is ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True.

I don't understand the relationship between the Active Sheet and the
Active Window, nor why I lose the Freeze Panes settings, nor how I could
do such operations without loss.

I would value any light on this subject. ;)
--
Walter Briscoe