Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] thorton1987@gmail.com is offline

Default Creating a template that I can reproduce every month by keying ininformation from SAP

On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:09:13 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
What is 'SAP'? Why is the data scrambled? What, exactly, are you

'importing'?

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Garry,
SAP is a system, from which my company pulls financial data of all kinds. There is an "export to excel" option where it can be sent.

What I am importing from SAP is financial information on monthly reports per category. Once it gets into an excel spreadsheet, I create a summary cover sheet that links to these totals per category.

The order of which the data from SAP is assimilated is nothing that anybody can control.

Then I'm doing summations of the categories using a formula like this one that most people can do: =sum(A1Sheet2!, A22!Sheet2!)

The problem that I encounter when I use the autofilter for the sheet from SAP, it will change the order of how the data was imported, which means that those specific cells that I use the summation formula for, no longer are the ones I need (the summation formulas do not change with the auto filter)

My question is how to force the two to go together, no matter how I sort the data using autofilter.

So the data isn't scrambled per se, it's just reordered in the imported sheet

Hope that's understandable
Thankyou!