Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Search cell value in same column

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 07:24:34 +0000, mdIsmailkm wrote:

I have a huge excel sheet where i need to find the address of duplicate
cell value in a column.
I have given an example below, where Column B returns the address of
duplicate value found in Column A. Could you please help by providing
the formula for Column B result? VBA is also fine.

| A | B
1 | Apple | A4
2 | Orange | A6
3 | Mango | no-match
4 | Apple | A1
5 | Grapes | no-match
6 | Orange | A2
7 | Pineapple | no-match

I used the formula
"=ADDRESS(MATCH(A1,(($A$1:$A$7)),0)+ROW($A$1)-1,COLUMN($A$1:$A$7),4)",
which returned the cell address of same cell that is being searched.

Apple | A1
Orange | A2
Mango | A3
Apple | A1
Grapes | A5
Orange | A2
Pineapple | A7

I did enough search over internet, but could not find. In the above
formula, I just need to ignore searching for the cell being searched.
Please help.

This formula must be **array-entered**:

B1: =IFERROR(ADDRESS(MATCH(1,(Fruit=A1)*(ROW(Fruit)<R OW()),0),1),"No Match")

(and fill down as far as needed

To **array-enter** a formula, after entering
the formula into the cell or formula bar, hold down
<ctrl<shift while hitting <enter. If you did this
correctly, Excel will place braces {...} around the formula.