Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] dwidavidwilkinson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Can I still register a function in a DLL using ExecuteExcel4Macro REGISTER?

Hi,

I have created by own simple DLL using C in VS 2010, which contains just one function.

Looking at some of the articles etc. on the web, it is suggested I can register this function in VBA using some code like this:

Sub VBARegisterFunction()

Dim sP As String, sDQ As String

sDQ = Chr(34) 'Double quotes

sP = ""
sP = sP & sDQ & "C:\Users\Owner\docs\vs2010\Projects\Test\Test.dll " & sDQ & ","
sP = sP & sDQ & "cube" & sDQ & ","
sP = sP & sDQ & "BB" & sDQ & ","
sP = sP & sDQ & "cube" & sDQ & ",,1"

Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("REGISTER(" & sP & ")")

End Sub

without going to the trouble of creating a full blown XLL, which is attractive just to get one simple function running.

When I run this code, I see no visible error, and I am aware that the function if successfully registered, is hidden. But I get #Value! errors when I try to reference the function in a cell.

Does anyone know, what I am doing wrong, or if this feature still works in Excel 2007/2010?

Thanks