Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Blank Sheet with Gridlines

In article , says...
I'm trying to create a worksheet for manual entry via Excel, and
although I clicked the Gridlines box in Page Setup/Sheet, the only
gridlines that print are around lines that contain content (at this
time only the title row). I know that I can print all lines &
cells with gridlines, but I don't know how. Please advise. TIA

You will print gridlines when you have rows with content. Blank
cells included!

I'm trying to replicate a "form" that I've been given: it's a page
that has no content except for the header row. Somehow this Excel
spreadsheet has been created so that even though all rows are empty,
all rows on the page print. (The form is meant to be filled in
manually...) All I have to work from is the printed sample page.
Is there some way an Excel file can be created with non-displaying
"dummy rows" that print the sheet's gridlines even when they're
"blank"? (Or is there some other sort of "trick" at play here?)
TIA

Actually, yes there is some 'trick' at play (I suspect)! Being a forms
designer myself, I commonly turn gridlines of and create 'field' boxes
using the dotted border style for internal 'gridlines' and the solid
line style for boxing in an area. This may be applied via
ConditionalFormatting in cases where I want the 'effects' to be dynamic
in context with data entry.

--
Garry

Free usenet access at