Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Event recognition.

Hi Colin,

Am Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:34:50 +0100 schrieb Colin Hayes:

I tried it out , and it still won't insert the date in C where the
content is pasted into D.

for me it is also working if content is pasted.

It works fine with direct entry , as before. Also , I find it doesn't
remove the content in C when the content in D is removed. I tried a few
times.

to remove the date if D is deleted change the code:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _
ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Column < 4 Or Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

Target.Offset(, -1) = IIf(Target < "", Date, "")

End Sub

Regards
Claus B.
--