Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
witek witek is offline

Default How to read Excel Array to vb.net Arrays?

wrote:
Hi folks,
as you know Excel is quiet slow when operating on arrays comparing to Visual Studio.
So I have an idea to make the work faster by:

1. Write Excel range to disk as array

Dim MyArray As Variant ' create array
Dim path As String
path = ActiveWorkbook.path & "\array.txt" ' set path & filename
MyArray = Selection ' selected area will be written as array

Dim free As Integer
free = FreeFile ' free file number

Open path For Binary As free
Put #free, , MyArray ' save array to disk
Close #free

2. Then open this array in Visual Studio for faster operations.

Unfortunately I can manage how to read such array in Visual Studio.

Can you help me?

Thanks in Advance

Archidamos

what do you mean by "open array in Visual Studio"?

what language and what technology are you using when working in Visual
Studio?
Are you working on files dumping data to txt file first?

Why do not you use XLL ?