Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default How to read Excel Array to vb.net Arrays?

W dniu sobota, 12 października 2013 21:03:18 UTC+2 użytkownik GS
napisał:
Why all the extra steps? Why not just 'dump' the range into an array
and work with it in memory?

Because of speed.
I made the test which compared the speed of seeking the strings from
one array in another array. This operation in Excel memory took about
30 seconds. Exactly the same operation in Visual Studio took 52
miliseconds :) It's 576 times faster. Some operation are 3 or 4
thousant faster. When working with large amount of data it counts.
Excel is great software but VBA is slow.

I don't believe you! What language in VS are you using that you can't
capture the range directly into an array? Show me the code you used for
your VBA tests, and described the layout of your data. Better yet, post
a link to your Excel file...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!