Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] stephen.ditchfield@gmail.com is offline

Default iserror problem

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:34:05 PM UTC+11, joeu2004 wrote:
Hi Joeu2004

thank you for solving my array problem,
without people like you that help out novices like me, we could be fumbling around for days trying to solve these issues.
You an everyone else that helps on these sites does make Excel easier and more rewarding to learn.

Much appreciated
Ditchy
Ballarat
Australia

I have another small problem with this array coming up

with this #DIV/0

{=AVERAGE(IF(L9:L23<0,L9:L23))}

Did you ever whether you are using Excel 2003/earlier or Excel 2007/later?

Or if you require Excel 2003/earlier compatibility, nevertheless?

It might save us a lot of time and space if you would tell us that. Sorry

if I overlooked it.

If you do not require Excel 2003/eariler compatibility, the simplest

solution is the following normally-entered formula (just press Enter):

=IFERROR(AVERAGEIF(L9:L23,"<0"),"")

If you require Excel 2003/earlier compatiblity, array-enter the following

(press ctrl+shift+Enter instead of just Enter):

=IF(COUNTIF(L9:L23,"<0")=0,"",AVERAGE(IF(L9:L23< 0,L9:L23)))