Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] archidamos@gmail.com is offline

Default How to read Excel Array to vb.net Arrays?

Hi folks,
as you know Excel is quiet slow when operating on arrays comparing to Visual Studio.
So I have an idea to make the work faster by:

1. Write Excel range to disk as array

Dim MyArray As Variant ' create array
Dim path As String
path = ActiveWorkbook.path & "\array.txt" ' set path & filename
MyArray = Selection ' selected area will be written as array

Dim free As Integer
free = FreeFile ' free file number

Open path For Binary As free
Put #free, , MyArray ' save array to disk
Close #free

2. Then open this array in Visual Studio for faster operations.

Unfortunately I can manage how to read such array in Visual Studio.

Can you help me?

Thanks in Advance

Archidamos