Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default What does this mean'=ROUND(((F8/$C$4)*($C$4-E8)),)'

abc_000 wrote:

Please help..what does this mean "=ROUND(((F8/$C$4)*($C$4-E8)),)"

The data in F8 (the address of which might change) will be divided by the
data in C4 (the address of which will *never* change). The result is
multipled by the result of C4-E8 (address of E8 might change, C4 will again
never change). That result is rounded off to the nearest whole number
(integer).

(When I say "the address might change", Excel will automagically change the
address of F8 & E8 if cells above or to the left of them are inserted or
deleted, or if the formula is copied to a different cell. Adding $ before a
column ($C) or row ($4) prevents that from happening.)

--
All I have in this world is my balls and my word,
and I don't break 'em for no one.