rbrookov rbrookov is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

in D1 try:
=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B1,B1)=1,AVERAGE(OFFSET(B1,,2,CO UNTIF($B$2:$B$12,B2))),"")
and copy down

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Hi, thank you for responding. Yes, that is a technique which works quite fine in Excel. However, as this task is to be done over & over again, and on many hundreds, perhaps thousands of rows, each time it is done, I would think that something a bit more automated might be more efficient.

However, I appreciate you providing an excellent, and correct way of performing the Average just by using Excel's built-in commands.

Thanks!