Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlotte E.[_3_] Charlotte E.[_3_] is offline

Default Converting NumberFormatLocal to NumberFormat

Thanks, Harald,

I'll continue to use my 'worksheet way'.

At least I did it the right way for once :-)

CE

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi Charlotte

VBA is not very helpful when it comes to regional settings. Afaik no, the
way, at least the fast and easy way, to do this is through the worksheet
interface.

Best wishes Harald

"Charlotte E." skrev i melding
Thanks, Claus, but that does just what I'm already doing...

...I wanted to avoid using a cell in the process.

CE

"Claus Busch" wrote in message
Hallo Charlotte,

Am Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:10:00 +0200 schrieb Charlotte E.:

I need to convert strings containing local numberformats into English
numberformats.

I use this function to translate local formulas to into english
formulas. That will also convert the numberformat.
Your string in A1 then call the function into the sheet with
=English(A1)

Function English(rngC As Range) As String
English = rngC.Formula
End Function

Regards
Claus B.