Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Unger Dave Unger is offline

Default Reference a workbook level named variable.

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your comments, I use a somewhat similar approach in my multi-sheet projects.

I guess I'm a lazy typer, so for accessing sheet level defined names, I usually use the short form with the sheet qualifier, eg, Sheet1.[sVal]. I started this thread because I discovered (to my surprise) that you can't do a similar thing with a workbook level defined name, ActiveWorkbook.[wVal] does not work. Hence the "long" version, Application.Evaluate(ActiveWorkbook.names("wVal"). RefersTo).

Appreciate your reply,

Regards,

Dave