View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default The Placement property does not seem to be working.

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:55:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I have created an active X command button on a worksheet and set its Placement Property to 3 which means "free floating" (Do not move or re-size with cells).

However the button is both moved and re-sized with cells. It seems the value of the placement property makes no difference at all.

I would like the button to stay in the same place on the screen no matter what cells are currently showing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

In reply to GS:

The button stays with the cell(s) under it when it is created. If I scroll the cell off screen, the button goes with it. I have not hidden anything.

I want to be able to scroll the worksheet but have the button stay at the same position on the screen.

If I make a cell act like a button, it should & will move when the sheet is scrolled. That is the opposite of what needs to happen, the button should remain unmoved & that is what the Placement property is all about.

The properties list for the button contains the Placement property and it can be set to any valid xlPlacement value so I assume it is supposed to work. However, no matter what I set it to, the button changes sizes size and moves with the underlying cell.

Again I ask, what could I be doing wrong? (Or is Excel just not working correctly)?