Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 05:00:57 -0700, David wrote:

Using XL2000
I've searched the usual recommended sites for handling dates, but my needs
seem to be unique :(

I need a formula based on Today() that will produce:
1) First Monday of next month, IF there's one in the first week.
2) If no Monday in the first week, then first Thursday.
3) If neither, then Monday of second week.

What, exactly, do you mean by the "first week" and "second week".

And in condition two, do you mean the first Thursday only if there's a Thursday
in the first week? Otherwise, what does the "if neither" in item 3 mean?

And is the first week the week starting with the first Sunday of the month?

If so, you could just look for the first Monday after the first Sunday.
Because if your definitions are as above, I don't see any way that the first
Thursday of the month could be in the first week, if the first Monday was not.

And, of course, there always has to be a first Thursday.

But maybe I'm misinterpreting something.

In any event, the first Monday after the first Sunday of the next month is
given by the formula below, where A1 is any date in a month.

=A1-DAY(A1)+41-DAY(A1-DAY(A1)+32)-
WEEKDAY((A1-DAY(A1)+39-DAY(A1-DAY(A1)+32)))

--ron