Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default converting number to dollar

Hi,

Am Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:30:00 +0100 schrieb mytyab:

I copy html spreadsheets off a web link in an email that has columns of
data. One of the fields has dollar amounts like 1,565.00 that are
formatted as general. I need to convert this to a dollar amount like
$1,565. When I try to format the field to currency, nothing happens. I
tried copying and pasting values in all the different formats. I made
sure the column isn't locked. I have 3,500 rows of different amounts
that I don't want to manually change.

click on the column header to select the column and format the column
with your wished format and choose Data = TextToColumns = Fixed width
= Finish

Regards
Claus B.
--