Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Delete all, but the last 23 lines of an external text file

Because I've used BASICs where n& and n are *not* the same variable.
(I can't
think of which ones offhand, sorry.) I try to be consistent:
everything that
uses a type symbol *anywhere*, uses it *everywhere*. (Of course, I
don't
*usually* use type symbols on variables, preferring to Dim As type.
And of
course, I missed the $ at the declaration of sFile, or else I
would've
changed all occurrences to sFile$.)

I thought this deserved a separate reply...

The type symbols are attritional as a result of team development. I
fought for 'As <type' long and hard because it a better
'self-documenting' way to program. Habits are hard to break, though,
and use of the symbols has evolved into a habit for me now. I'm
comfortable using them but I worry that OPs and other readers may not
understand them and thus an element of unclarity (is that a word?) in
the code offerings I post.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!