Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default If then formula with multiple cells

hi,

Am Fri, 13 Sep 2013 00:59:57 +0100 schrieb Ada33:

I have columns D and E either containing numbers of are blank. I want a
formula in cell F to output the following:
a) if both columns D and E contain a number, I want it to output "both
paid"
b) if column D contains a number but E does not, I want it to output
"conference pmt pending"
c) if column E contains a number and D does not, I want it to output
"membership pmt pending"

try:
=IF(COUNT(D1:E1)=2,"both paid",IF(ISNUMBER(D1),"conference pmt pending","membership pmt pending"))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2