Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Sorting rows

Hi,

Am Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:57:52 +0100 schrieb Quilp:

I now have a further question - rather than having to reverse the
sortings, when I need to find the last number allocated in order to use
the next one for a new recording entry, is it possible to find this
number by using the "find" feature or in some other way?

I don't really understand what number you are looking for.
If you have sorted by composer the numbers are not in order.
The last number in column B you get with:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(B1:B1000),B:B)
But the highest number you get with:
=MAX(B:B)

Regards