Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Weighted ranking of a series

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:25:13 +0100, -Macca- wrote:

So, I figure I need to weight the scores so that people who have
competed in more events get weighted slightly more than people who've
done less events, but then to confuse it more, I need to weight the
events themselves so that Event A is worth less than Event B, which is
worth less than Event C etc etc (as they're different difficulties).

What kind of events are these? Has someone already invented this wheel?

There are various types of competitions, with events of varying difficulty, and where any given player will not compete in all of the events, for which ranking systems have already been divised.

I would search the Web for information regarding, for example
Bridge Player ratings
Tennis
Billiards

or whatever else is similar to the ypes of competition your are trying to rank.