View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default IRR function in Excel 2010 returns #NUM! error for an investmentwith all negative cash flows

On Monday, August 26, 2013 7:02:12 PM UTC-4, joeu2004 wrote:
[1] FYI, the OP goes by the names Abraham A (on the tadXL website) and

"Financial Engineer" (in the MS Answers Communuity, for example). The

latter is a misrepresentation. He does not have an FE degree of any sort,

and he does not work as a professional FE, according to self-described

information on the now-defunct tadXL website, IIRC.

@joeu2004

Even the former claim (Abraham A) too sounds bit like a misrepresentation.

@Mike

You remember, Casey the young business analyst from Huron Consulting in Chicago.

At that time Casey had purchased the older version of tadXL v1.0 that had only 43 financial functions as compared to 95 financial functions in tadXL v2.0

And none of the options of tadXL v2.0 were there in older version of tadXL v1.0

You remember those 5 different messages that Casey left at your site that day, in which he sounded so excited and offered suggestions about mid-year discounting option for investment analysis functions. According to Casey, professional business analysts make use of mid-year discounting rather than the full year discounting.

And IIRC, that night your domain name email server was down so you sent Casey a reply from your personal Gmail address whose user id contained your "real" name and you had invited Casey to join your LinkedIn network.

And you know what happened next Mike!. Casey had a look at your LinkedIn page that had your actual photo and your "real" name

And Casey didn't bother to reply to your email, or did he. Neither did Casey bothered to join your LinkedIn network.

But as I understand Casey still uses your software tadXL v1.0 on a daily basis and on each occasion when tadXL in installed as an add-in a pop up Window in Excel states the copyright notice along with name of the Author as Abraham A.

But I don't suppose that someone like you who is an architect and enforcer of Sequel to Apartheid would be crying racism. Right, Mike!

But then, as Sam Donaldson of ABC News commented on the weekly roundup show called "This Week" with David Brinkley in 1990 about the real reason why David Duke lost the Louisiana Gubernatorial election.

If I remember correctly, Sam said

"It wasn't the message, it was the messenger"

Here Sam was alluding to Mr Duke's ties to the Klan

Same can be said of your stint as a politician back in 1992

Mike! your message was "Right" but you weren't the "Right" messenger

A white color would have made a difference rather than your tasteful chocolate looks.

But Mike, your site tadXL is now defunct as joeu2004 puts it. But it wouldn't have to be this way had you accepted that order of 100,000 licenses for tadXL v1.0 from the Chinese value added reseller. Think about it Mike, the $4 million dollars in gross sales would have lasted your next few generations without them holding a job. So why did you refuse such a large sum of money. I think you told me why you did so as your mentor Rush had one time told you that Chinese dollars aren't good money. So now you paid the price Mike, and now you are out of business. So don't blame anyone else but yourself Mike!.

And dittos to what PJ Hooker said in his last post. Messengers have always been persecuted by those who run the State.