Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Create a new set of data from 2 data sets

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 23:29:07 -0400, GS wrote:

What amazes me at this date is how many folks refuse to move
forward! I know for sure a dislike for the Ribbon is the main
reason, even though the 'Classic' Menubar menus can be put on the
Addins tab.

But why upgrade if the version you have meets your requirements?
That's the reason I've been staying at 2007. Of course, the cloud
versions are something I would be philosophically opposed to even if
I had decent internet service here in the sticks.

This is why I haven't install my 2010 yet. Also why I continue to
develop in 2003 since my apps use the Addins tabs rather than custom
tabs on the Ribbon. That said, though, I'm close to dropping support
for pre-2007 but will continue to offer (as an alternative) my
stand-alone VB6.EXEs (which use the Farpoint Spread.ocx spreadsheet
ActiveX component) for those who don't want to (or won't) work with the
Ribbon.

The cloud versions bring me back to a long time ago, when we had a
central computer and multiple dumb terminals. And if the central
computer went down, the dumb terminals were useless. Seems we're
coming full circel.

I agree with you on this!

--
Garry