Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] spreadsheetninja@gmail.com is offline

Default "Macros are corrupted and have been deleted" message

On Friday, April 4, 2008 5:39:01 PM UTC+2, BW wrote:
When I open a workbook (in Excel 2007) that contains a macro, I get the
following message every time:
The Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros in this workbook are
corrupted and have been deleted. The macro corruption most likely exists in
the current file. To recover the macros, open a backup copy of this file if
you have one.

However, I know that there isn't a corruption problem with the workbook
because I can take this same workbook and open it on another computer without
problem - and with the macros present and running fine. This has happened on
every workbook I have tried to open (that contains macros) - lots of them..
So it isn't a problem with a workbook - it is something on my computer. I
teach and I need to open and grade students' workbooks - and they contain
macros! So I don't know what to do! I would appreciate any suggestions you
can give.

Any answer below containing, reinstalling, virus and or anything else containing Windows or microsoft can be ignored safely as it DOESNT fix Your problem.

First off you may not have lost Your macros in the deletion of them in the original file, they still may exist in PERSONAL.XLSB located at "X:\Users\Account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ XLSTART\".

Anyway the real issue of why its deleteing Your code is simply ((""Visual Basic for application"")) is not installed, so when Excel tries to activate it, it wont run and just gives a corruption Message (god knows why microsoft didnt just program it to say "yoh, Excel lacks VBA" or something like that, and just disables macros...

Anyway ill link you to a Picture filled install guide how to do it.

http://www.excel-vba.com/vba-excel-install.htm