adketcham adketcham is offline
Junior Member

Default Custom Fill in Listbox

I was watching a youtube video. ExcelVBAIsFun's video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIraDmhF0o.

I followed his visual instruction (I am deaf so I cannot listen to him talk). I have this error message when I run the button.

I have this client search page on one sheet and the database on other. I saved the database as namebox and used the listbox to link to it. It shows 7 columns.

I want it to pull the information from first column in the database sheet to the listbox (in client search page).

Error message is this, "Run-time error'-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified error.

When I clicked debug, it yellow highlighted "Me.lbxClientLookUp.Clear" When I deleted it. It went to the next line. "For x = 2 To lr" When I hovered over that line, it says X = Empty.

[code]
Private Sub cmbClientSearch_Click()
crit = Range("C4")

If Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row = 1 Then
lr = 2
Else
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
End If

Me.lbxClientLookUp.Clear

For x = 2 To lr
If Cells(x, 2) = crit Then
'write it to lbx
Me.lbxClientLookUp.AddItem Cells(x, 1)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 1) = Cells(x, 2)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 2) = Cells(x, 3)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 3) = Cells(x, 4)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 4) = Cells(x, 5)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 5) = Cells(x, 6)
Me.lbxClientLookUp.List(Me.lbxClientLookUp.ListCou nt - 1, 6) = Cells(x, 7)

End If

Next x

End Sub
[code]

Any assistant with this will be greatly appreciated.

Amber

Last edited by adketcham : August 18th 13 at 01:54 AM