Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default VBA Code== Goto a webpage using a command button in a UserForm

GS wrote:

GS wrote:

Oops, a typo...

ShellExecute 0&, vbNullString, "URL http info", vbNullString,
vbNullString, vbNormalFocus

It should perhaps be noted that this will open the user's default browser.

Yes, I assumed this to be the best idea (in all cases) but I agree with
you that I should have mentioned it!

Maybe not in all cases. If you have, say, documentation written in HTML that
was only tested on MSIE, then you might want to ensure that your page opens
*only* in MSIE, regardless of the user's settings.

Well yes, I agree. In fact, I take this a step further in my apps that
use a HTML.EXE for a userguide in that all web links in the app open in
the EXE's browser by send it a simple command line if it's not running,
or via SendMessage if it's currently open.

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup