Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Read Dropdown list from Excel column

Hi Garry,

Am Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:41:25 -0400 schrieb GS:

Does Formula1 contain a
delimited string or a range ref? If former, what delimiter is used? If
latter, is the range ref a defined name or an address? If former then
its content must be evaluated OR the range must be enumerated for its
items. Adding to complexity is whether the range ref includes its
sheetname, and what its scope is.

I tried it with both - values in validation and range ref. Both gives
back the values with semicolon as separator.
One time in validation I entered:
Test1;Test2;Test3
and another time I used
=myList
Semicolon is in german system the row separator. myList is vertical.

Regards
Claus B.

Interesting! I get back exactly what's in the DV refedit box. Using
your example for the named list I get back...

=myList

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org