Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Claus code works on my data not on OP's data

you have to define the range in column A correctly. It takes time to

search for not existing Xs.

Your data works in 23 sec, the OP's data in 9 sec.

Have a look:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326

for the workbook "Royal Bank String"

Regards

Claus B.

Well, that certainly seems to do the trick.

Pretty tedious to check for accuracy with that many returns scattered all about in the data field.

I did study the returns of the much smaller data field and it was accurate, see no reason to doubt the accuracy of this much larger example.

I was clearly off base thinking filling the blanks in column A with an "X" was a benefit. Remove the blanks first makes a ton of sense.

Thanks Claus.

Regards,
Howard