Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Worksheet sorting code/technique advise

Did you catch the typo in the _SheetActivate event? I appended 2 to the

sub name as the original was still in my wkb. (I didn't mean for it to

use the 2 when I wrote the event code)

--

Garry

Yes, caught that right away on an error message when I was getting ready to set up some sheets to test ME and the code.

I do have this question that comes to mind, I have re scanned the code and can't wring it out to my satisfaction.

With this:
For both: "2,1,3:4,5"
For Ascending only: "2,1,3,4,5:"
For Descending only: ":2,1,3,4,5"

If I want:
Sheet1 like both.
Sheet2 like Asc. only
Sheet3 like Dec. only

There is only one place in the code to enter a sheet sort preference.
Must I change the preference for each sheet? That is, if I enter in the code the sheet1 preference and then go to sheet 3, won't it sort sheet3 the same as sheet1, unless I change the preference?

I can grasp the select case where the sheet name and sort preference is pre set and just waiting to be called into action.

Howard