Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default find out specific month and year

"via135" wrote:
I am having Jan-2013 (month & year only) in cell A1.
What I want is the month and year after certain number
of months let us say 6 months in B1 (Jul-2013).
What formula should I use in B1?

First, I hope you should have an actual date in A1. You might have already,
if Excel recognizes Jan-2013 as a date. Does ISNUMBER(A1) return TRUE?

If so, simply format A1 as Custom mmm-yyyy.

Then B1 would be the formula =EDATE(A1,6), formatted as Custom mmm-yyyy.