Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Colin Hayes Colin Hayes is offline

Default Match and delete rows on two different sheets from reference numbers

HI All

I have a little problem I need to solve with Excel.

In sheet1 in column A I have rows of reference numbers.

In sheet 2 in columns A I have equally rows of reference numbers , some
of which match those reference numbers in sheet 1 , and some don't.

I need help with a macro to delete the rows in Sheet 1 which don't have
corresponding reference numbers in sheet 2.

So for example - BEFORE

Sheet 1

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

Sheet 2

3
5
7

AFTER

Sheet 1

3
5
7

Only rows with references 3 5 & 7 remain in sheet 1 , as these were the
only ones which match the reference numbers in sheet 2. The other rows
were deleted from sheet 1.

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes