Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Create a list of unique entries based on several columns

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:24:55 +0100, Smeghead wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k218jhud69lpsn/Book1.xlsx

In that file, you can see there is a list of somewhat similar data
across 5 columns. Some of the entries are duplicates, some are different
by only one character. What I want to be able to do is generate a list
of all the unique rows of data, taking into account the data from ALL 5
columns. The list can be on another sheet or simply just further down on
the same sheet, that doesn't matter too much.

I could do it if it were just one column of data, but struggling trying
to do it with several columns.

On the Data Ribbon / Data Tools tab there is a "Remove Duplicates" option which can select all the columns.