Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default More VBA Help please

On 22 Jul 2013 12:04:10 GMT, Malcolm Hind wrote:

I can use this code;

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells.Select

There is usually no need to use the Select method.

MsgBox ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells.Address

and the message gives $A$1:$E$8 - which is correct

Can I parse out (or programatically get) the Start ($A$1) and End ($E$8)
Address values ?

With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rStart = .Item(1)
Set rEnd = .Item(.Count)
End With

How would I (for instance) Set a Range to those values ?

Referring back to my last post, instead of
set MyRange = Selection
do
set MyRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange

or

set MyRange = range(rstart,rend)

Can I further parse out the actual Row/Column Elements (giving me 4 seperate
values) so I could reconstruct a new Range with calculated & actual values ?

Something like
Dim StartRow As Long, StartCol As Long, EndRow As Long, EndCol As Long

With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
StartRow = .Item(1).Row
StartCol = .Item(1).Column
EndRow = .Item(.Count).Row
EndCol = .Item(.Count).Column
End With

Not used to working with vba too much so trying to get a grip on how things
work.

Thanks for any help