Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Code Cleaner menu entry disappeared

In message of Sun, 21 Jul 2013
12:16:24 in microsoft.public.excel.programming, Walter Briscoe
writes
I use Excel 2003 on a Vista installation.
A couple of weeks ago, I lost Code Cleaner. It no longer appears at the
bottom of my Excel Tools menu. The situation is not catastrophic; it
appears on another installation, but transferring a file between
computers is tedious.
I uninstalled Excel VBA Code Cleaner 5.0.
I downloaded build 5.0.32 from <http://www.appspro.com/Downloads/CodeCle
aner.exe
Tools Macro Security Trust Access to Visual Basic Project is
checked.
I reinstalled Code Cleaner, but still have the problem, even across a
reboot.
I suppose I can try interjecting several reboots.
That fails too.
The file I downloaded on 3 July 2011 was 559KB; today's file is 1073KB.

I have a partial analysis.
C:\Program Files\AppsPro\CodeCleaner\INSTALL.LOG contains
Could not Self-Register: C:\Program Files\AppsPro\CodeCleaner\VBACodeCle
aner.dll
When I run regsvr32 on that file, I get a 0x80004005 response -
insufficient privilege.
I can run in administrator, without error, but that is ineffective.
The problem is probably that the installation does not cater for User
Account Control.
I will check that, when I have time. ;)
--
Walter Briscoe