Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:17:01 -0700, Fahad Farid Ansari
wrote:

Both the formula's do not work i need to know how many 1's have a's

What makes you think that the original formual doesn't give you that?
Given the data below starting in A1 the formula returns the value 2.
i.e of the 4 1's two have 'a'

a 1
a 1
b 1
b 1
a 2

"Fahad Farid Ansari" wrote:

I have a question regarding countif formula. I have two columns have value a
b c d in first and in second column i have 1 2 3 4 5 now i want a formula
that could tell me how many a are there that have 1
=countif(A1:A5, "=1") and (b1:b5,"=a") the formula would be something like
this can anybody help

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK