Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin Hayes Colin Hayes is offline

Default Excel 2003 save as .XLSX

In article , joeu2004
writes
In order to save as .xlsx or .xlsm using Excel 2003, download the Office
Compatibility Pack. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526297.

Then you can use the following VBA code to save as .xlsx and optionally close the
file.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"driveName:\fullPath\myfile.xlsx", FileFormat:=51
ActiveWindow.Close

(Of course, replace "driveName" and "fullPath" with appropriate names.)

That will automatically invoke the file converter in the Compatibility Pack.

Hi

OK Thanks for getting back. I tried this but without success ,
unfortunately.

I downloaded and installed

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (SP3).

I changed my current VBA from

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:= _
"C:\My Documents\Spare\Zips\Upload
Files\Product_Upload_Ready.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:= _
"C:\My Documents\Spare\Zips\Upload
Files\Product_Upload_Ready.xlsx", _
FileFormat:=51, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

and had no joy on running it. It gave errors I'm afraid. Any ideas how
to get this working?

Thanks.