FLKULCHAR

I am getting there!!!

What do you mean by, "paste the code in there"

What code??

thanks,

FLK

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

These are VBA macros and make life in Excel sooooooooooooo much easier.

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your copied worksheet.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:36:03 -0700, FLKULCHAR
wrote:

I do NOT understand your response. I am only familiar with Excel and its
functions. You seem to be alluding to some programmable subroutines which I
am NOT familiar with?

can you still be of assistance?

thanks,

FLKULCHAR

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

FLKulchar

Sub Number_Increment()
''increment a number in A1 across sheets
Dim mynum As Long
Dim ws As Long
mynum = 1
For ws = 1 To Worksheets.Count
With Worksheets(ws).Range("A1")
.Value = mynum - 1 + ws
'the -1 ensures first sheet A1 is 1
'change if want to start from another number
End With
Next ws
End Sub

Alternative if you want to have a formula in each A1 referring to the sheet
before as per your example.

Sub Fill_Across_Sheets()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim i As Integer
Dim ShName As String

For i = 2 To Worksheets.Count
ShName = Worksheets(i - 1).Name
Worksheets(i).Range("A1").Formula = "='" & ShName & "'!A1+1"
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:03:01 -0700, FLKULCHAR
wrote:

How do you get a value within a cell to increment, by say, 1, for each and
every worksheet within my workbook?

For example, the value in sheet1 in cell A1 is 100

in sheet2, I input...= 1 + 'sheet1'!A1 in cell A1 (value now is 101)

then, in sheet 3, I input...= 1 + 'sheet2'!A1 in cell A1 (value now is 102)

then, in sheet 4, I input...= 1 + 'sheet3'!A1 in cell A1 (value now is 103)

etc.,etc.,etc.

How can I input a formula...then copy and paste it into my sheets without
having to go to each and every worksheet to input the formula??

Thank you,

FLKulchar