Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Finding dynamic maxima

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 09:53:23 +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:

I find myself liking named ranges and have added the following:
Name Refers to
Jobs =Sheet1!$A$1:$A$8
Keys =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$8

Since you like the named ranges, you should be aware you can also set these up to be dynamic, so you don't have to redefine them each time you add a row of data:

Jobs =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,1,0,COUNT(Sheet1!$A:$A))
Keys =OFFSET(Job,0,4)

I note that your "key" column in one example is Col E, and in another example is Col C, so you may need to change the ColumnOffset for the definition appropriately.
Also, note that the definitions will be volatile -- this may or may not be a problem for you.