Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default if and replace function?

Hi,

Am Wed, 22 May 2013 10:57:40 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I have names on my left and depending on the name I need to remove a space

Original data Answer
John, Repp John,Repp
Jay, Thorp Jay, Thorp
Jana, Washington Jana,Washington

So just depending on the name some need the space after the "," trim and some dont I have a total of about 40 names only about 6 dont need the space after the coma.
I was thinking of Replace and If But I cant seem to put it together.

I don't understand your example. In which case the space will be
removed? Why does the space in the second line remain?

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2